Bitcoin (BTC) price falls for the second straight day with modest losses. Investors are in a state of flux while trading in a short-term trading range of $42k and $45k. Technical indicators are in a neutral stance as the recent upside in prices paused.
- Bitcoin (BTC) price continues to slide lower on Thursday.
- Expect further downside if the price breaks below the $42k level.
- Investors must defend $40k to sustain the short-term uptrend.
As per the latest report, Bitcoin miners are selling off coins due to a cash crunch and need a boost since BTC price has devalued since November. The deprecation in the coin’s value and increased competition prompted Bitcoin miners to offload the stake.
Bitcoin price defends critical 50-day SMA
On the daily chart, Bitcoin’s (BTC) price has been moving inside the ‘rising wedge’ pattern the range extends from $34k to $45k as it surged 21% from January’s single-day movement. After creating a swing top, BTC/USD has retraced to the reliable support zone.
An acceptance near the 50-day moving average provides the perfect spot for the reverse retracement that could push the asset back to the upper trend trajectory. A sustained buying near the current levels would produce a green candle on the daily chart that would be a sign of the continuation of the ascent from the January lows.
The first upside immediate target could be found at the recent top of $45,855. Next, market participants can expect a jump toward the 200-day SMA at $49,445.64.
On the other hand, a shift in the bullish sentiment could result in the breaking of the crucial support zone of $41,700. A decisive break of $40k shall invalidate the bullish thesis.
RSI: The Daily Relative Strength Index (RSI) has pierced below the average line with a bearish bias.
MACD: The Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) remains neutral above the midline.
- Morgan Stanley Pinpoints The Advantages Bitcoin Has Over Ethereum
- Just-In: “$2200 Was Likely The Ethereum Bottom” Says Pantera Capital’s Joey Krug
- Shiba Inu Update: Top ETH Wallets Hold Over $2B Worth Of SHIB Tokens Now
- 30 Bitcoin Wallets Blacklisted On The Orders Of The Canadian Government
- Ripple VS SEC: Will SEC Strike A settlement With ETH? XRP Lawyer Drops Hint
- Just-In: $120B Oil and Gas Behemoth ConocoPhillips Joins Bitcoin Mining Business
- Bitcoin And Other Altcoins To Be Accepted For Tax Payment In Colorado
- Floki Inu (FLOKI) Lands In Top 10 Token Purchased By ETH and BSC Whale
- Breaking: ByBit And Redbull Strike A $150 million Partnership
- Just In: NYSE ‘Coming to Metaverse’, Files NFT-Related Trademark Application
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?